WHY CHOOSE A GNOMES CLASSROOM THEME
If you are a teacher that is playful and loves to garden, consider a gnomes classroom theme. This is a fun way to incorporate the outdoors and imagination into your classroom. It is the pair blend of nature and bright colors to make your classroom environment comfortable for students.
Teachers love this theme because it is unique and an instant conversation starter with guests.
Students in lower and upper elementary grades will love learning in a gnome themed classroom.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
When creating a bulletin board for your gnome themed classroom, there are a variety of options to use for your background. One option is to use green felt as your background so it looks like grass. Another option is to use a polka dot fabric, red fabric with white polka dots looks great with a gnome theme. Finally, a roll of rustic wood bulletin board paper is easy and compliments this theme nicely.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Artificial flowers
- Ribbon with red and white polka dots
- Bunches of green tissue paper
- Green fringe to look like grass
- Party hats cut in half
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Write the phrase “Welcome to Our Gnome” on your classroom door
- Create a bulletin board for back to school with student names and write “Chillin With My Gnomies”
- Have students write about themselves and post it on a bulletin board titled “Get to Know Our Gnomies”
- Create a student of the week bulletin board titled “There’s Gnome One Like You”
- Create a kindness themed bulletin board titled “Be Kind Gnome Matter What”
OTHER IDEAS FOR A GNOME CLASSROOM THEME
- Decorate stools to look like toadstools
- Turn clay pots into a gnome decoration
- Have students complete a gnome paper roll craft to help decorate the classroom
- Make decorate gnomes out of paper plates and fun paper
- Create paper mushroom garland
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.