WHY CHOOSE A WOODLANDS CLASSROOM THEME
Teachers that are looking for a rustic learning environment will love a woodland classroom theme. This classroom theme is all about adventures, exploring the outdoors, and wildlife. A favorite thing about this theme is it works great year round, and can even be changed slightly based on the seasons.
This theme is great for classes that teach about the outdoors, wildlife and nature. It would look great in a science classroom.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Consider buying fabric that has leaves or pine needles printed on it to use as a background. Rustic woods make an easy bulletin board background for a woodland theme and compliment it well. Craft paper is another easy and affordable choice for a woodland theme bulletin board background.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- pine needle garland
- pinecone garland
- green, artificial leaves
- burlap ribbon
- bunches of craft paper
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- use the phrase “Welcome to Our Neck of the Woods” on a bulletin board or your door
- create a bulletin board to display student work titled “Tree-mendous Work”
- when creating your own phrases use words like adventure and explore
- display student work with the quote “We’re Nuts About Learning” featuring decorations of woodland animals
- name your student job bulletin board “Wilderness Guides”
OTHER IDEAS FOR A WOODLAND CLASSROOM THEME
- Make large trees to decorate your wall out of bulletin board paper
- Decorate your classroom with small, artificial Christmas trees
- Use camping chairs as flexible seating options
- Select wooden baskets for storage throughout the room
- Add artificial grass as an area rug in the classroom