WHY CHOOSE A LADYBUG CLASSROOM THEME
A ladybug classroom theme is simple, but perfect for elementary classroom decor.
Teachers love this “lucky” theme because it makes it easy to tie in science, uses bold colors, and is inspired by nature.
This theme works for both lower and upper elementary students.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
There are lots of pretty types of ladybug wrapping paper out there. If you are interested in solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the colors black, red, or green. If you want to take it up a notch, you could have a red background and cover it with black dots (made of paper or simply drawn with a marker).
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- polka dot ribbons
- plastic ladybugs hot-glued to solid color bulletin board trim
- artificial green leaves
- red and black tissue paper bunched together
- kid-drawn pictures of ladybugs
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Look Who Has Been Spotted in (Grade)”
- “We are Buggy for (Grade)”
- “Great Class Spotted Here”
- “(Your Name): The Spot for Learning and Fun”
- When creating your own titles, use words like spot, luck, or bug.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A LADYBUG CLASSROOM THEME
- Pair with Bee Theme Classroom Decor to create an insect themed classroom. This is especially great for grades that cover insects as a science topic.
- Use red paper plates to back round decor like table numbers. Add paper antennas.
- Since red is such a dominant color in a ladybug theme consider using it only as an accent and use black as the main background for bulletin boards. Doing so really makes your theme pop.
- The garden area of big box stores often have ladybug items on clearance at the end of the summer just before you go back to school.
- Mix in elements of nature such as large cut out leafs and branches.
- Flower pots and other garden type items work well with this theme.
- Title your student work board, “Good Work Has Been Spotted.”
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
- garden classroom theme decor
- sunflower classroom theme decor
- black, red, and green color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.