WHY CHOOSE A BEACH CLASSROOM THEME
A beach classroom theme helps you create a relaxed summer vibe in your elementary classroom. Sunshine and nature are both warm and welcoming, which is exactly what you want for your learning environment. Many of your students may have positive memories of being at the beach with their families, making the room feel safe and familiar.
Teachers love this theme because it’s simple and can be done on a budget by pulling in natural elements like sand and shells.
This theme works well for both lower and upper elementary classroom decor.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Blue cellophane or plastic wrap will look like water when used as a bulletin board background. You can use different shades of blue watercolor paper to create DIY ocean waves. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, calm neutral colors like blue, beige and brown provide a nice backdrop.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- floral leis
- blue scalloped bulletin board trim to simulate an ocean wave
- fishing net
- hula skirt straw
- blue streamers
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Sink Your Teeth Into a Good Book”
- “Surfing into (grade)”
- “Sea Who’s In Our Class”
- “We May All be Different but in this Class We Swim Together ”
- When creating your own titles, use words like sea, surf or shore.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A BEACH CLASSROOM THEME
- Grab small beach chairs at the end-of-summer sales for your reading area.
- Have your students bring in beach towels to use as floor mats.
- Attach a trimmed grass skirt to your tables or the front of your teacher desk.
- Name your reading or guided math groups after famous beaches or sea creatures.
- Hot glue push pins to the back of flip flops as bulletin board accents.
- Use sand pails to hold pencils and other student supplies.
- Create a cozy nook by placing a beach umbrella in the corner of your classroom.
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
- tropical classroom theme decor
- under the sea theme decor
- blue, yellow and brown color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on it’s own in our teacher store.