A beach classroom theme helps you create a relaxed summer vibe in your elementary classroom. Sunshine and nature are both warm and welcoming, which is exactly what you want for your learning environment. Many of your students may have positive memories of being at the beach with their families, making the room feel safe and familiar. Teachers love this theme because it’s simple and can be done on a budget by pulling in natural elements like sand and shells. This theme works well for both lower and upper elementary classroom decor. Learn more about a beach classroom theme below and scoop up this beach classroom theme packet!
Beach Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some beach theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Beach Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Blue cellophane or plastic wrap will look like water when used as a bulletin board background. You can use different shades of blue watercolor paper to create DIY ocean waves. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, calm neutral colors like blue, beige and brown provide a nice backdrop.
Beach Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- floral leis
- blue scalloped bulletin board trim to simulate an ocean wave
- fishing net
- hula skirt straw
- blue streamers
Get these beach classroom decor printables!
Beach Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- “Sink Your Teeth Into a Good Book”
- “Surfing into (grade)”
- “Sea Who’s In Our Class”
- “We May All be Different but in this Class We Swim Together ”
- When creating your own titles, use words like sea, surf or shore.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
7 Ideas for a Beach Themed Classroom
- Grab small beach chairs at the end-of-summer sales for your reading area.
- Have your students bring in beach towels to use as floor mats.
- Attach a trimmed grass skirt to your tables or the front of your teacher desk.
- Name your reading or guided math groups after famous beaches or sea creatures.
- Hot glue push pins to the back of flip flops as bulletin board accents.
- Use sand pails to hold pencils and other student supplies.
- Create a cozy nook by placing a beach umbrella in the corner of your room.
Themes to Pair Your Beach Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a beachy theme.
- tropical classroom theme decor
- under the sea theme decor
- blue, yellow and brown color scheme decor bundles
Beach Themed Classroom Pictures
The beach classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these beach classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free beach planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers