WHY CHOOSE A GARDEN CLASSROOM THEME
A garden classroom theme creates a beautiful learning environment for elementary students. The natural setting is simple, calming and colorful.
Teachers, especially nature-loving ones, love this theme because of the sunshine it brings into their classroom that makes every day feel like summer! What teacher doesn’t love those summer months?
This theme works for both lower and upper elementary students.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Burlap looks amazing as a background fabric on bulletin boards when using a garden or flower theme. If you prefer solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the colors blue, green, or brown.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- fake flowers hot glued to solid color border
- stapled seed packets to solid color border
- fake bugs hot glued to solid color border
- strips of brown felt
- green paper cut like grass
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Ready, Set, Grow”
- “We’ve Got Lots to Crow About”
- “Our Minds are Growing”
- “We are Going to Grow So Much in (Grade)!”
- When creating your own titles, use words like grow, bloom, or water.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A GARDEN CLASSROOM THEME
- Store the books in your classroom library in planters.
- Have your students make giant flowers using wrapping paper tubes as the stem for a whimsical classroom display.
- Store student pencils and other manipulatives and school supplies in watering cans or flower pots.
- Use floral garland throughout the classroom.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.