A garden classroom theme creates a beautiful learning environment for elementary students. The natural setting is simple, calming and colorful. Teachers, especially nature-loving ones, love this theme because of the sunshine it brings into their classroom that makes every day feel like summer! What teacher doesn’t love those summer months? This theme works for both lower and upper elementary students. Learn more about a garden classroom theme below and scoop up this garden classroom theme packet!
Garden Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some garden theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Garden Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Burlap looks amazing as a background fabric on bulletin boards when using a garden or flower theme. If you prefer solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the colors blue, green, or brown.
Garden Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- fake flowers hot glued to solid color border
- stapled seed packets to solid color border
- fake bugs hot glued to solid color border
- strips of brown felt
- green paper cut like grass
Get these gardening classroom decor printables!
Garden Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- “Ready, Set, Grow”
- “We’ve Got Lots to Crow About”
- “Our Minds are Growing”
- “We are Going to Grow So Much in (Grade)!”
- When creating your own titles, use words like grow, bloom, or water.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Garden Themed Classroom
- Store the books in your classroom library in planters.
- Have your students make giant flowers using wrapping paper tubes as the stem for a whimsical classroom display.
- Store student pencils and other manipulatives and school supplies in watering cans or flower pots.
- Use floral garland throughout the classroom.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Themes to Pair Your Garden Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a garden theme.
Gardening Classroom Theme Pictures
The garden classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these garden classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free garden planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers