This farm classroom theme is a classic! Teachers love this traditional theme because it’s simple, yet fun, and there are tons of DIY ideas you can incorporate with this theme to create a customized rustic or modern theme. Plus, elementary students love animals and this theme definitely incorporates that! This theme works for both lower and upper elementary students. Learn more about a farm classroom theme below and scoop up this farm classroom theme packet!
Farm Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some farm theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Farm Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Cow print fabric, wrapping paper, and tablecloths make for a fun bulletin board background design! You could also use a mix of red gingham and blue denim fabrics for bulletin boards. If you prefer solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the colors black, red, green, or brown.
Farm Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- fake straw
- red and white checker print
- strip of astroturf grass
- cow print fabric
- tractor prints made from paint-dipped tractor toy wheels
- pictures of farm animals
- corn stalks
- farm animal stickers on plain border
Get these farm decor printables!
Farm Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- “Moooovin and Groooovin”
- “Have You Herd? (Grade) is the best!”
- “In the Moooood for Learning”
- “Plowin’ into (Grade)”
- When creating your own titles, use words like neigh, eggs, or field.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
8 Ideas for a Farm Themed Classroom
- Use small metal pails to hold pencils.
- Name your guided math teams and reading groups after farm animals.
- Store manipulatives and supplies in straw baskets that are used for vegetables (often, farm stands will give these away).
- Outdoor carpeting that looks like grass complements the theme well.
- Take photos of your students wearing a pair of overalls and a straw hat to use to label cubbies/lockers or as a classroom display.
- Place toy tractors around the classroom.
- Cow print fabric, tablecloths and wrapping paper make a great table cover.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Themes to Pair Your Farm Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a farm theme.
- farmhouse classroom theme decor
- apple classroom theme decor
- sunflower and burlap classroom theme decor
- yellow, green, and red color scheme decor bundles
Farm Classroom Theme Pictures
The farm classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these farm classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free farm planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers