WHY CHOOSE A SUNFLOWER CLASSROOM THEME
Teachers love a sunflower classroom theme because sunflowers give off a cheery feeling that will make your classroom feel happy and bright. Many teachers love a sunflower theme because it gives a rustic yet modern feel to the classroom. It goes well with rustic and natural elements like wood and burlap. A sunflower themed classroom promotes feelings of positivity and growth within the classroom community.
This theme would be great for any grade level that studies seeds and the life cycle of plants.
A sunflower classroom theme is a great way to discuss the growth and how we are always learning and changing, just like sunflowers!
Our sunflower classroom theme is an update to our burlap classroom theme. When you purchase our sunflower theme, you will also have access to the burlap theme.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
The great thing about a sunflower themed classroom is that a traditional cork bulletin board background looks great! If you want to get more creative and compliment the natural and rustic feel of sunflowers, use bulletin board backgrounds that look like rustic woods. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, burlap and buffalo print look great with this theme.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Sunflower seed packets
- Fake sunflowers
- Yellow tissue paper bunches
- Leafy strings of artificial garland
- Lace ribbon
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Add the phrase “Learning Blooms Here” on your classroom door or a bulletin outside your room
- Title a back to school bulletin board with students names “Check Out Our New Blooms”
- Create a display of student work titled “Sun-sational Work”
- Title your classroom calendar “Each Day is a Fresh Start”
- When creating your own titles use words like sun, sunshine, bloom, grow, and plant
OTHER IDEAS FOR A SUNFLOWER CLASSROOM THEME
- Have students create sunflowers out of paper plates and place their picture in the middle of the flower.
- Place mason jars or other rustic containers with sunflowers around the room.
- Use sunflower seeds as counters during math lessons.
- Hang yellow tissue paper flowers around the room
- Glue magnets on the back of artificial sunflowers to use as magnets in your classroom.