WHY CHOOSE A FAIRY TALE CLASSROOM THEME
A fairy tale classroom theme is colorful and whimsical, just like the stories included in this genre.
Teachers love this theme because they have the flexibility to choose if they want to create a nature-inspired learning environment with a setting in a forest with flowers and lots of sunshine or one that has a more modern feel with watercolor or pastel colors. They can customize it to what they envision for their classroom!
This theme works for both lower and upper elementary students.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
If you prefer solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the neutral colors black, tan, white, or brown so you can add colorful elements to it. You could also go bold and use colors like pink, purple or orange. It all depends on the feel you want in your classroom!
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- braided yellow yarn to look like a Rapunzel braid
- plastic magic wands hot glued to a basic bulletin board trim
- strips of stone paper
- sponge paint bricks
- glue glitter on a basic bulletin board trim
- printed book covers from fairytales
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Once Upon a Time There Was a (Grade) Class”
- “Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Learning can be Fun for All”
- “The Story Begins in (Grade)”
- “Happily Ever After Starts Here”
- When creating your own titles, use words like story, magic, or wish.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A SCHOOL CLASSROOM THEME
- Take pictures of each student wearing a crown. Display them in the classroom.
- Use grey paint and a kitchen sponge to sponge paint “bricks” onto a bulletin board or cardboard box to create a custom look or cozy reading spot.
- Twist green butcher paper and hang from the ceiling to the floor to create a beanstalk.
- Repurpose a crib mattress or use a twin size mattress to create a “Princess and the Pea” reading corner.
- Attach a full length mirror (the ones available in the back-to-school college section of stores are shatterproof). Attach a sign reading, “Mirror Mirror on the Wall There’s a Role Model in us All.”
- As a back-to-school project, have each student design a crest to display.
- Have students draw self-portraits of themselves as princes and princesses.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME…
- mermaid classroom theme decor
- wizard classroom theme decor
- pink, purple, and green color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.