WHY CHOOSE A FROG CLASSROOM THEME
A frog classroom theme is a fun whimsical classroom theme that both teachers and students love! It’s a great way to bring the calm outdoor nature into the classroom, as well as a little bit of a summer feel!
Teachers love it because they can even tie in science into their learning environment, which exposes students to complex concepts in a simple and natural way.
This theme works for both lower and upper elementary students.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Blue cellophane is a great bulletin board background for a frog theme because it looks like pond water, which makes it easy to layer in fun accents like lilly pads, cattails, and frogs. If you prefer solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the colors blue, navy, green, or brown.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- artificial cattails
- artificial lily pads
- plastic toy frogs hot-glued to a solid color bulletin board trim
- green tissue paper or streamers
- blue foil
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Leap into (Grade)”
- “Welcome to Our Pad”
- “Our Class is Toad-ally Awesome”
- “Hopping into (Grade)”
- When creating your own titles, use words like hop, pad, or leap.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A FROG CLASSROOM THEME
- Display student work with the title, “Toad-ally Awesome Work!”
- Create a sign for your library that says, “Read It, Read It!”
- Label your birthday board as “Hoppy Birthday!”
- Use fly swatters for pointers during a read the room activity.
- Get a pet frog for the classroom.
- Add a blue rug to your whole group meeting area and refer to it as “the pond.”
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.