WHY CHOOSE A FARMHOUSE CLASSROOM THEME
One of the more popular decor styles right now is farmhouse, making it a perfect classroom theme. Teachers love a farmhouse theme for their classroom because it makes the learning environment feel welcoming and comfortable.
Another reason to love a farmhouse classroom theme is because it gives a rustic and sophisticated look to your room. This is a theme that you will love using year after year.
While this theme works for both lower and upper elementary students, it is certainly one that older students can appreciate. They will love the calm, natural feel it creates.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
There are so many easy options for a farmhouse theme bulletin board. There are a variety of rustic wood rolls of bulletin board paper that would look great with this theme. You can also buy a roll of burlap to use as the background for your bulletin board. A creative option for a farmhouse theme is using peel and stick adhesive subway tile to line the back of your bulletin board.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Burlap ribbon
- Eucalyptus garland
- Artificial sunflowers
- Rustic wood paper
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Write the phrase “Home Sweet Classroom” on your door
- Welcome new students with a bulletin board titled “This Year Will Be a Ball” with their names in cutout mason jars
- Write the phrase “Each Day is a Fresh Start” above your classroom calendar area
- Create a bulletin board with student pictures titled “This Is Us”
- Write “Our Class Gathers Here” at the entrance to your classroom or in the group meeting area
OTHER IDEAS FOR A FARMHOUSE CLASSROOM THEME
- Give your classroom a farmhouse feel by adding a rustic wreath to the door
- Spray paint plastic bins with a metal color
- Hang decorative wood signs around your classroom
- Place a variety of artificial plants around the classroom
- Use rustic bins and baskets for storage
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.