If you are a teacher that likes bright colors and neon, consider choosing a chalkboard classroom theme. The black of the chalkboard looks great paired with bright colors and creates a put together look. One reason teachers love this theme is because it can be used year after year since it is not too thematic! This theme is perfect for upper elementary classrooms as well as lower elementary. Learn more about a chalkboard classroom theme below and scoop up this chalkboard classroom theme packet!
Chalkboard Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some chalkboard theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Chalkboard Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Black butcher paper can be used as a bulletin board background. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, simple colors like black, white, and brown provide a nice backdrop.
Chalkboard Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- Supplies that are school themed such as crayons or markers
- Chalk rubbings or chalk paint on black paper
- Chalk boxes
- Hot glue chalk onto a black trim
Get these chalkboard classroom decor printables!
Chalkboard Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Label your classroom calendar area with the phrase “180 Days = 180 Opportunities.”
- Title a back to school bulletin board “Ready For a Colorful Year.”
- Welcome back bulletin board titled “Welcome Back the Books Missed You.”
- Write “The Future of the World Is In This School” on a bulletin board.
- Display pictures of students and write “This School is Better Because You’re In It.”
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Chalkboard Themed Classroom
- Spray paint storage containers with chalkboard paint
- Use chalk fonts when creating signs and labels for your classroom
- Pops of neon color look great with this theme
- Hang bright colored lanterns from the ceiling to add color
- Wrap furniture with black bulletin board paper to give the chalkboard look
Themes to Pair Your Chalkboard Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a chalkboard theme.
Chalkboard Themed Classroom Pictures
The chalkboard classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these chalkboard classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free chalkboard planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers