Teachers that are looking for a rustic and simple classroom theme will love a burlap classroom theme. This classroom theme looks great with sunflowers and helps add a farmhouse feel to any classroom. Teachers love this theme because it is easy to put together and looks great with so many different decorations. A burlap classroom theme is great for both lower and upper elementary classroom themes. A favorite reason for choosing this theme is because it can be used throughout the school year. Our burlap classroom theme decor has been updated to include beautiful sunflowers adding a bright and cheery feel to the theme. Learn more about a burlap classroom theme below and scoop up this burlap sunflower classroom theme packet!
Burlap Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some burlap theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Burlap Bulletin Board Backgrounds
An easy way to integrate your burlap classroom theme onto your bulletin board is by adding burlap fabric as a bulletin board background. You could also choose a fabric like buffalo print or one with sunflowers on it. Rustic looking wood bulletin board paper also pairs well with this theme and helps complete the whole look.
Burlap Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- artificial sunflowers
- burlap ribbon
- lace ribbon
- bunches of craft paper
- colored ribbon
Get these burlap classroom decor printables!
Burlap Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Write the phrase “Home Sweet Classroom” on your door.
- Welcome new students with a bulletin board titled “This Year Will Be a Ball” with their names in cutout mason jars.
- Put the phrase “Each Day is a Fresh Start” above your classroom calendar area.
- Create a bulletin board with student pictures titled “This Is Us.”
- Add “Our Class Gathers Here” at the entrance to your classroom or in the group meeting area.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Burlap Themed Classroom
- Add rustic elements like wood and metal baskets to the classroom.
- Pair this theme with sunflowers.
- Use mason jars to hold supplies like crayons and markers.
- Create bulletin out of burlap fabric.
- Decorate storage with burlap ribbon.
Themes to Pair Your Burlap Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a burlap theme.
Burlap Themed Classroom Pictures
The burlap classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these burlap classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free burlap planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers