WHY CHOOSE A BURLAP CLASSROOM THEME?
Teachers that are looking for a rustic and simple classroom theme will love a burlap classroom theme. This classroom theme looks great with sunflowers and helps add a farmhouse feel to any classroom. Teachers love this theme because it is easy to put together and looks great with so many different decorations.
A burlap classroom theme is great for both lower and upper elementary classroom themes. A favorite reason for choosing this theme is because it can be used throughout the school year.
Our burlap classroom theme decor has been updated to include beautiful sunflowers adding a bright and cheery feel to the theme.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
An easy way to integrate your burlap classroom theme onto your bulletin board is by adding burlap fabric as a bulletin board background. You could also choose a fabric like buffalo print or one with sunflower on it. Rustic looking wood bulletin board paper also pairs well with this theme and helps complete the whole look.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Artificial sunflowers
- Burlap ribbon
- Lace ribbon
- Bunches of craft paper
- Colored ribbon
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Write the phrase “Home Sweet Classroom” on your door
- Welcome new students with a bulletin board titled “This Year Will Be a Ball” with their names in cutout mason jars
- Put the phrase “Each Day is a Fresh Start” above your classroom calendar area
- Create a bulletin board with student pictures titled “This Is Us”
- Add “Our Class Gathers Here” at the entrance to your classroom or in the group meeting area
OTHER IDEAS FOR A BURLAP CLASSROOM THEME
- Add rustic elements like wood and metal baskets to the classroom
- Pair this theme with sunflowers
- Use mason jars to hold supplies like crayons and markers
- Create bulletin out of burlap fabric
- Decorate storage with burlap ribbon
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on it’s own in our teacher store.
BONUS FREEBIE: How to Decorate Your Classroom