A school classroom theme is great for a teacher looking to bring the classic, old school house feel to their room. It makes the traditional elementary school learning environment feel vintage and rustic. A favorite reason for choosing this theme is that it is timeless and won’t go out of style. Another reason to love this theme is because it is easy to create using materials and items you already have in your classroom. While a school theme is great year round, it is a nice choice for the beginning of the year to get students excited about school. Learn more about a school classroom theme below and scoop up this school classroom theme packet!
School Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some school theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
School Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Navy blue, brown, or black butcher paper can be used as a bulletin board background. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, simple colors like black, brown, and navy provide a nice backdrop.
School Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- crayons or crayon boxes
- pencil boxes
- lined writing paper
- graph paper
- rulers or measuring tape
Get these school classroom decor printables!
School Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Label your classroom calendar area with the phrase “180 Days = 180 Opportunities.”
- Title a back to school bulletin board “Ready For a Colorful Year.”
- Welcome back bulletin board titled “Welcome Back the Books Missed You.”
- Write “The Future of the World Is In This School” on a bulletin board.
- Display pictures of students and write “This School is Better Because You’re In It.”
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a School Themed Classroom
- Bring in classic school items like a globe, chalkboard easel and bells.
- Frame classic book covers to decorate the classroom.
- Stick to primary colors when decorating.
- Use storage containers with materials like metal and wood.
- Make classroom supplies a focal point when decorating your classroom.
Themes to Pair Your School Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a school theme.
School Themed Classroom Pictures
The school classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these school classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free school planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers