WHY CHOOSE A SCHOOL CLASSROOM THEME
A school classroom theme is great for a teacher looking to bring the classic, old school house feel to their classroom. It makes the traditional elementary school classroom feel vintage and rustic. A favorite reason for choosing this theme is that it is timeless and won’t go out of style. Another reason to love this theme is because it is easy to create using materials and items you already have in your classroom.
While a school themed classroom is great year round, it is a nice choice for the beginning of the year to get students excited about school.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Crayons or crayon boxes
- Pencil boxes
- Lined writing paper
- Graph paper
- Rulers or measuring tape
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Label your classroom calendar area with the phrase “180 Days = 180 Opportunties”
- Title a back to school bulletin board “Ready For a Colorful Year”
- Welcome back bulletin board titled “Welcome Back the Books Missed You”
- Write “The Future of the World Is In This School” on a bulletin board
- Display pictures of students and write “This School is Better Because You’re In It”
OTHER IDEAS FOR A SCHOOL CLASSROOM THEME
- Bring in classic school items like a globe, chalkboard easel and bells
- Frame classic book covers to decorate the classroom
- Stick to primary colors when decorating
- Use storage containers with materials like metal and wood
- Make classroom supplies a focal point when decorating your classroom
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.