If you are a teacher that loves the ocean, swimming, or sea life, an under the sea classroom theme is perfect for you. This theme makes students feel like they are learning underwater each day. This classroom theme is great for science teachers that have a unit on the ocean and sea life. Learn more about an under the sea classroom theme below and scoop up this under the sea classroom theme packet!
Under the Sea Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some under the sea theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Under the Sea Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Tulle or other mesh fabrics look great as a bulletin board background for an under the sea theme. Stick to different colors of blue to make it look like water. Blue watercolor paper or even paper with a water print on it are an easy way to add color to the background of your bulletin board. Using blue colored tin foil is a great way to create the effect of water on your bulletin board.
Under the Sea Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- Bunched green tissue paper to give the look of seaweed or tan tissue paper to give the look of sand
- Fishing net is a great way to add texture to your bulletin board
- Cut fish shapes out of paint chips to create a border for your bulletin board
- Cut blue paper to look like waves
- Small, clear balloon to look like bubbles
Get these under the sea classroom decor printables!
Under the Sea Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Add the phrase “Dive into a Book, Find a Treasure” to your classroom library
- Title a bulletin board with student work as “SEA What We’re Up To”
- Create a back to school bulletin board named “Diving Into a New Year” and have student draw pictures of themselves as divers
- Add the phrase “You Are Fin-tastic” to your classroom door or a student work display
- Create a bulletin board for Open House that readers “So Happy to Sea You”
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for an Under the Sea Themed Classroom
- Hang different colored blue streamers across the ceiling to give the feeling of being underwater
- Make jellyfish lanterns using paper lanterns and streams. Hang these from the ceiling.
- Cut pool noodles to look like coral reef and seaweed
- Hang sheer blue curtains or tulle over the windows to add to the underwater feel
- Create garland that looks like bubbles using clear, round ornaments
Themes to Pair Your Under the Sea Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with an under the sea theme.
In closing, we hope you found these under the sea classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free under the sea planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers