Teachers looking to create a fun, colorful learning environment will love a mermaid classroom theme. It gives the calming feeling of the ocean and being underwater. A mermaid themed room will have students excited to come to school year day because the environment is so engaging. This theme is perfect for teachers that love ocean animals, water, and bright colors. Learn more about a mermaid classroom theme below and scoop up this mermaid classroom theme packet!
Mermaid Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some mermaid theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Mermaid Bulletin Board Backgrounds
A perfect way to incorporate the mermaid theme into your bulletin board is through the use of colored foil. You can buy this in big rolls or smaller pieces to create the effect of scales. Fabrics with scale or water patterns are also an easy way to decorate your bulletin board background. You can also find many paper and plastic tablecloths or wrapping paper that have scale or water prints on them that make an easy bulletin board background.
Mermaid Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- Layer different colors of foil to create the look of scales
- Use green streamers to mimic seaweed
- Decorative fish netting
- Paper polka dot garland in blues, greens, and purples
- Colored foil to mimic scales
Get these mermaid classroom decor printables!
Mermaid Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Title your back to school bulletin board “We mermaid to be friends” with student names
- Title your classroom library with the phrase “Dive Into a Good Book”
- Display student work with the title, “Mer-maizing Work”
- Add the phrase “Let’s Shell-ebrate” to your birthday display
- Decorate your classroom door and write “Our Class is Making Waves”
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Mermaid Themed Classroom
- Create mermaid scale wall art by making a collage out of colored circles. You can add inspirational quotes or sayings
- Hang clear, plastic ball ornaments to look like bubbles
- Hang foil curtains around the room for texture
- Sequin throw pillows can be placed in the classroom library or as flexible seating
- Use mermaid scale wrapping paper to cover and decorate cans or containers and use as storage
Themes to Pair Your Mermaid Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a mermaid theme.
In closing, we hope you found these mermaid classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free mermaid planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers