A tropical classroom theme uses bright colors and decorations to create a fun, summer feel in your classroom. Students will feel like they are on vacation everyday when they come to school in a tropical themed room. This theme is perfect for teachers that love flowers, fruit and colorful decorations. While this theme looks great in the classroom year round, it is a fun way to transform your classroom to celebrate the arrival of summer and the end of the school year. Learn more about a tropical classroom theme below and scoop up this tropical classroom theme packet!
Tropical Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some tropical theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Tropical Bulletin Board Backgrounds
A grass table skirt makes a great bulletin board background for a tropical theme because it adds texture and dimension. You can also cut out large leaves and layer them on top of one another to add a lush feel to the display. A summer tablecloth or fabric with big, tropical flowers or fruit would make a great bulletin board background for this theme.
Tropical Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- Paper or artificial leaves
- Flower leis
- Paper drink umbrellas
- Tissue paper flowers and leaf cut outs
- Grass table skirts cut short
Get these tropical classroom decor printables!
Tropical Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Write “Another Day in Paradise” above your calendar area
- Create a back to school bulletin board with student named “Say Aloha to Our New Friends”
- Display student work with the phrase “Our Work is Sweet” and tropical fruit decorations
- Add the words “This Class is One in a Melon” on your door or entryway
- Title a bulletin board with student work as “Learning in This Room is like Paradise”
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Tropical Themed Classroom
- Hang a grass skirt around your teacher desk or small group table
- Hang colorful paper lanterns from the ceiling
- Make tissue paper flowers and place around the room as decorations
- Use tropical looking straws as name sticks or pointers
- Luau decorations from a party store look great with this theme
Themes to Pair Your Travel Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a tropical theme.
In closing, we hope you found these tropical classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free tropical planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers