WHY CHOOSE A TROPICAL CLASSROOM THEME
A tropical classroom theme uses bright colors and decorations to create a fun, summer feel in your classroom. Students will feel like they are on vacation everyday when they come to school in a tropical themed room. This theme is perfect for teachers that love flowers, fruit and colorful decorations.
While this theme looks great in the classroom year round, it is a fun way to transform your classroom to celebrate the arrival of summer and the end of the school year.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
A grass table skirt makes a great bulletin board background for a tropical theme because it adds texture and dimension. You can also cut out large leaves and layer them on top of one another to add a lush feel to the display. A summer tablecloth or fabric with big, tropical flowers or fruit would make a great bulletin board background for this theme.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Paper or artificial leaves
- Flower leis
- Paper drink umbrellas
- Tissue paper flowers and leaf cut outs
- Grass table skirts cut short
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Write “Another Day in Paradise” above your calendar area
- Create a back to school bulletin board with student named “Say Aloha to Our New Friends”
- Display student work with the phrase “Our Work is Sweet” and tropical fruit decorations
- Add the words “This Class is One in a Melon” on your door or entryway
- Title a bulletin board with student work as “Learning in This Room is like Paradise”
OTHER IDEAS FOR A TROPICAL CLASSROOM THEME
- Hang a grass skirt around your teacher desk or small group table
- Hang colorful paper lanterns from the ceiling
- Make tissue paper flowers and place around the room as decorations
- Use tropical looking straws as name sticks or pointers
- Luau decorations from a party store look great with this theme