WHY CHOOSE A BEES CLASSROOM THEME
A bees classroom theme helps you create a nature-inspired elementary classroom. Your students will feel like they are going on a fun sunshine-filled summer adventure to the forest whenever they enter your classroom!
Teachers love this theme because it will fill your classroom with a bright yellow color that generates positive thinking and attitudes. They also love it because there are lots of fun DIY ideas you can do to create a custom look.
This theme works well for both lower and upper elementary classroom decor.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Black and yellow wrapping paper can be used as a bulletin board background. You can also add stripes to any background using black electrical tape. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, simple colors like black and yellow provide a nice backdrop.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- add black stripes using a ruler and sharpie to a plain yellow border
- black or yellow chevron
- black or yellow striped duct tape
- yellow tissue paper
- yellow and black striped construction tape
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Hive Helpers,” “Bee Helpful,” or “Busy Bees”
- “Buzz on In to ____ Grade” or “Welcome to Our Hive”
- “Happy “Bee” Day”
- “Bee-havior Board,” “Bee Kind,” “Bee Responsible,” or “Bee Respectful”
- “Bee-utiful Work” or “Buzzworthy Work”
- When creating your own titles, use words like bee, hive or buzz.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A BEES CLASSROOM THEME
- Transform yellow lanterns into beehives.
- Hang tissue poms in black, yellow or a combination of them both.
- Create an adorable hive on the wall using paper towel rolls.
- Paint clothespins yellow, add stripes and glue on googly eyes. These can be used on behavior clip charts, dismissal charts, etc.
- Use white tulle to look like wings to add accents around the room.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.