A bees classroom theme helps you create a nature-inspired elementary classroom. Your students will feel like they are going on a fun sunshine-filled summer adventure to the forest whenever they enter your classroom! Teachers love this theme because it will fill your classroom with a bright yellow color that generates positive thinking and attitudes. They also love it because there are lots of fun DIY ideas you can do to create a custom look. This theme works well for both lower and upper elementary classroom decor. Learn more about a bee classroom theme below and scoop up this bees classroom theme packet!
Bee Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some bee theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Bee Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Black and yellow wrapping paper can be used as a bulletin board background. You can also add stripes to any background using black electrical tape. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, simple colors like black and yellow provide a nice backdrop.
Bee Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- add black stripes using a ruler and sharpie to a plain yellow border
- black or yellow chevron
- black or yellow striped duct tape
- yellow tissue paper
- yellow and black striped construction tape
Get these bee classroom decor printables!
Bee Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- “Hive Helpers,” “Bee Helpful,” or “Busy Bees”
- “Buzz on In to ____ Grade” or “Welcome to Our Hive”
- “Happy “Bee” Day”
- “Bee-havior Board,” “Bee Kind,” “Bee Responsible,” or “Bee Respectful”
- “Bee-utiful Work” or “Buzzworthy Work”
- When creating your own titles, use words like bee, hive or buzz.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Bees Themed Classroom
- Transform yellow lanterns into beehives.
- Hang tissue poms in black, yellow or a combination of them both.
- Create an adorable hive on the wall using paper towel rolls.
- Paint clothespins yellow, add stripes and glue on googly eyes. These can be used on behavior clip charts, dismissal charts, etc.
- Use white tulle to look like wings to add accents around the room.
Themes to Pair Your Bee Theme With
Bee Themed Classroom Pictures
The bee classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these bees classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free bee planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers