WHY CHOOSE A CACTUS CLASSROOM THEME
A cactus classroom theme is perfect for any teacher that loves boho style. It adds a fun and cheerful feel to your classroom environment. This classroom theme typically has a calming color palette of greens and pinks that makes students feel comfortable in the room. A favorite reason for choosing a cactus theme is that it is easy to find artificial cacti in many stores to help decorate.
Depending on where you live, a cactus theme classroom is a great way to introduce students to different parts of the world. This would be a fun theme to use in your classroom when learning about different biomes.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
An easy way to add texture to your cactus themed bulletin board is by painting corrugated cardboard green. If you choose to use paper as a background, rustic woods and green watercolor look great with this theme. You might also choose to leave the background as cork or use an orange-brown paper as background to mimic the desert dirt feel.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Green corrugated cardboard
- Small artificial desert flowers
- Bunches of green tissue paper
- Ribbon tassels
- Paper fans cut in half
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Title your back to school bulletin board with “We Are a Sharp Bunch” and student names
- Label your classroom library with a sign that says “Reading Makes You Sharp”
- Create a display of student work that says “Fan-cactus Work”
- Design your door with a display that says “In This Class We Stick Together”
- Title your classroom calendar as “Sharper Everyday”
OTHER IDEAS FOR A CACTUS CLASSROOM THEME
- Put green balloons in small pots and draw black lines on them to portray a cactus
- Paint popsicle sticks green, draw black lines and place small flowers at the top to use as student name sticks
- Place artificial cactus in pots around the room
- Utilize hanging plant baskets as storage in the classroom
- Create artificial cactus out of green pool noodles and toothpicks