WHY CHOOSE A WIZARD CLASSROOM THEME
If you or your students are a lover of Harry Potter, then a wizard classroom theme is the perfect fit for you. Decorating your classroom this way will help bring the books to life and create a magical learning environment for students.
If you plan on reading this book as a class, this classroom theme is a perfect way to get students excited about the book and engaged in their reading.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
A roll of bulletin board paper with a brick or stone print looks great with a wizard classroom theme. Another great choice for a paper bulletin board background is one that looks like stars in the night sky. You can also use textured fabric, to look like velvet, in the colors blue, red, green or yellow.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Trim your bulletin board with different sized cutouts of stars
- Use old striped ties as borders for your bulletin board
- Make your own magic wands, or have students make them, and trim a bulletin board
- Use striped ribbon to decorate your bulletin board
- Line your bulletin board with bunched up craft paper
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Display classroom rules with the title “Our House Rules”
- Create a back to school bulletin board titled “Welcome to a Magical Year”
- Student work can be displayed on a bulletin board titled “Wand-erful Work”
- Turn your student of the week bulletin board into a “Wizard of the Week” board
- Name your classroom meeting and calendar area “The Daily Prophet”
OTHER IDEAS FOR A WIZARD CLASSROOM THEME
- Hang broomsticks from the ceiling of your classroom
- Hang vintage looking envelopes around the room
- Line a wall or all walls with brick or stone bulletin board paper
- Label your pencil cut as “Quills,” you can even attach feathers to the pencils
- Create banners after the four houses and group desks by these houses