A Patriotic Theme Classroom is a popular choice for educators looking to create a cohesive and creative learning environment. It’s great not only for social studies or civics teachers, but for any class studying American History. It can be used as a yearlong theme or to enhance a study of the government, presidential election process, Constitution Day, and more. Here you will find Patriotic classroom theme ideas and pictures to inspire teachers and homeschool families. You will feel organized and have your learning spaces looking amazing in no time! Best of all it can be done on a budget. Learn more about a patriotic classroom theme below and scoop up this patriotic classroom theme packet!
Patriotic Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some patriotic theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Patriotic Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Consider selecting red or blue as your main color for bulletin board backgrounds and accenting the room with the other color and white. Butcher paper and fabric work great for bulletin board backgrounds.
Patriotic Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- president flashcards (available in the Target dollar spot before)
- red, white and blue tissue paper twisted together
- red and white stripe ribbon
Get these travel classroom decor printables!
Patriotic Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Make a sign for your classroom library that reads, “Library of Congress.”
- “This Year is Going to be a Blast!”
- “(Your name)’s Shining Stars!”
- “Free to Read!”
- When creating your own titles, use words like blast, star, or spark.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
6 Ideas for a Patriotic Themed Classroom
- Use decorative fabrics with stars or stripes to cover open shelving or to use as a table cover to create extra storage.
- Take photos of your students standing in front of an American Flag. Use those pictures to label lockers/cubbies or as a classroom display.
- Check Dollar Stores and party stores in the summer for 4th of July decor. There you will find lots of great items to complement your patriotic classroom theme.
- Add the Presidential Seal to the front of your desk.
- Refer to your guided math teams or reading groups by the names of national monuments, presidents, etc.
- A low-cost way to enhance your Patriotic theme is to set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Themes to Pair Your Patriotic Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a patriotic theme.
- farmhouse classroom theme decor
- apple classroom theme decor
- blue, red, black and white color scheme decor bundles
Patriotic Themed Classroom Pictures
The patriotic classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these patriotic classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free patriotic planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers