An owl classroom theme is a popular choice for educators looking to create a cohesive and creative learning environment. Many teachers use owls as a yearlong theme while others tie it in with an animal research project or as part of a literature study with the book Owl Moon. Here you will find Owls classroom theme ideas and pictures to inspire teachers and homeschool families. You will feel organized and have your learning spaces looking amazing in no time! Best of all, it can be done on a budget. Learn more about an owl classroom theme below and scoop up this owl classroom theme packet!
Owls Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some owl theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Owl Bulletin Board Backgrounds
If you would prefer to keep it simple and use solid color fabric or butcher paper for your bulletin board backgrounds, we recommend going with the colors brown, black and navy blue. A fun DIY project to consider is to create a background made out of paper that looks like owl feathers. It creates a unique textured look!
Owl Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- brown feathers
- brown paper rolled up to look like branches
- pom poms
- yellow stars
Get these owl classroom decor printables!
Owl Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Create a welcome board that reads, “__ Grade is a Hoot!”
- Make a sign for your job board that says, “We Work Together to Make Our Nest Great!”
- Take pictures of each student holding a stuffed owl and create a display using the photos that reads, “Look Whoooo is in Our Class.”
- If you have a behavior board you could add a sign reading, “We Give a Hoot About Making Good Choices!”
- Use the acronym O.W.L. for Observe – Wonder – and Learn as a motto.
- When creating your own titles, use words like who, hoot, or nest.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for an Owl Themed Classroom
- An owl themed classroom pairs really well with polka dots and bright colors and fabrics as well as burlap.
- Transform hanging paper lanterns into owls by adding eyes, wings and a beak.
- Create a tree in the corner of the classroom using brown craft paper.
- Create an attention getter where you quietly say “hoot” and students whisper it back.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Themes to Pair Your Owl Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a owl theme.
- woodland classroom theme decor
- camping classroom theme decor
- brown, black and white color scheme decor bundles
Owl Themed Classroom Pictures
The owl classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these owl classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free owl planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers