WHY CHOOSE AN OWL CLASSROOM THEME
An owl classroom theme is a popular choice for educators looking to create a cohesive and creative learning environment. Many teachers use owls as a yearlong theme while others tie it in with an animal research project or as part of a literature study with the book Owl Moon. Here you will find Owls classroom theme ideas and pictures to inspire teachers and homeschool families. You will feel organized and have your learning spaces looking amazing in no time! Best of all it can be done on a budget.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
If you would prefer to keep it simple and use solid color fabric or butcher paper for your bulletin board backgrounds, we recommend going with the colors brown, black and navy blue. A fun DIY project to consider is to create a background made out of paper that looks like owl feathers. It creates a unique textured look!
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- brown feathers
- brown paper rolled up to look like branches
- pom poms
- yellow stars
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Create a welcome board that reads, “__ Grade is a Hoot!”
- Make a sign for your job board that says, “We Work Together to Make Our Nest Great!”
- Take pictures of each student holding a stuffed owl and create a display using the photos that reads, “Look Whoooo is in Our Class.”
- If you have a behavior board you could add a sign reading, “We Give a Hoot About Making Good Choices!”
- Use the acronym O.W.L. for Observe – Wonder – and Learn as a motto.
- When creating your own titles, use words like who, hoot, or nest.
OTHER IDEAS FOR AN OWL CLASSROOM THEME
- An owl themed classroom pairs really well with polka dots and bright colors and fabrics as well as burlap.
- Transform hanging paper lanterns into owls by adding eyes, wings and a beak.
- Create a tree in the corner of the classroom using brown craft paper.
- Create an attention getter where you quietly say “hoot” and students whisper it back.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
- woodland classroom theme decor
- camping classroom theme decor
- brown, black and white color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.