WHY CHOOSE A MONSTERS CLASSROOM THEME
A monsters classroom theme is not just for the month of October. It’s a big hit amongst both lower and upper elementary students all year round.
Teachers love this theme because it’s very easy to put together. They also love it because there are tons of ideas out there for fun DIY projects that will take your classroom to the next level.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Consider using faux fur in bright colors as bulletin board backgrounds to create a fun textured look. If you would rather keep it simple and use solid color fabric or butcher paper for your bulletin board backgrounds, we recommend going with a bright assortment of colors or sticking with more neutral tones. Having neutral tones gives you more flexibility with decorating them.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- feather boas hot glued onto solid color trim and added googly eyes.
- strips of faux fur
- black border with googly eyes
- colorful tissue paper bunched up with googly eyes
- pom poms and googly eyes
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “(Grade) is Monsterous Fun!”
- “Don’t be Scared Come on In!”
- “Our Class is Monstrously Awesome”
- “A Book a Day Keeps the Monsters Away”
- When creating your own titles, use words like scare, boo, or claws.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A MONSER CLASSROOM THEME
- Name your guided math teams or reading groups with fun adjectives such as the “Blue Monsters,” the “Red Monsters,” or the “Yellow Monsters” and color-code all their materials for increased classroom organization.
- Many teachers like to incorporate the word “Mon-STARS” into their monster-themed classroom.
- Turn tissue paper pom poms and paper lanterns into cute 3D monsters by adding eyes, mouths and other features with colored cardstock.
- Have your students create monsters to use as additional decorations.
- Hot glue plastic googly eyes around the room to transform ordinary objects.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.