WHY CHOOSE A CAMPING CLASSROOM THEME
A camping classroom theme helps you create a nature-inspired elementary classroom. Your students will feel like they are going on a fun adventure in the summer to the forest whenever they enter your classroom!
Teachers love this theme because it’s simple and can be done on a budget by pulling in natural elements like pinecones, acorns, leaves, and sticks. You can also bring camping items from home, which makes it so you won’t need to store your camping gear in your house during the school year. That’s a win-win!
This theme works well for both lower and upper elementary classroom decor.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
You can contact various parks and request trail maps that you can be used as bulletin board backgrounds. You can also use burlap, flannel and denim as bulletin board backings to create a rustic DIY vibe. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, natural tones like brown, green and beige provide a nice neutral backdrop.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- pine christmas garland
- scrunched-up burlap
- wrinkled brown construction paper
- green tissue paper
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “S’more Good Work”
- “Camp Out With a Good Book”
- “Fired up for (grade)”
- “Welcome Happy Campers”
- When creating your own titles, use words like s’more, fire or adventure.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A SCHOOL CLASSROOM THEME
- Hang fishing bobs and fish cutouts from some fishing line attached to the ceiling.
- Bring in coolers, artificial Christmas trees, sleeping bags, a small tent and camping chairs.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
- Take pictures of the students wearing plaid shirts and tan “camper hats” and use those photos as labels for lockers/cubbies, student work boards, or simply display them in the classroom.
- Use fishing buckets to hold supplies.
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
- woodland classroom theme decor
- mountain classroom theme decor
- brown, green and black color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on it’s own in our teacher store.