If you are looking to create a learning environment that gets students excited about coming to school, consider a magic classroom theme. This theme is perfect for educators that are looking to create a unique learning environment for their students. Your students and visitors will always have something to talk about thanks to the interesting decorations in your magic theme room. This theme is a good choice for both lower and upper elementary school classrooms. Learn more about a magic classroom theme below and scoop up this magic classroom theme packet!
Magic Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some magic theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Magic Bulletin Board Backgrounds
When creating a bulletin board for a magic themed classroom, consider using red or black felt as your background. Another option is adding glitter and sparkles to black bulletin board paper. Teachers can also use red curtains as a background for their magic themed bulletin board.
Magic Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- playing cards
- gold glittered paper
- cut out stars
- black, red and white stripes
- red felt or bunches of tissue paper
Get these magic classroom decor printables!
Magic Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- “Welcome to a Magical Year” for a back to school bulletin board
- Name a reading bulletin board “Reading Takes on a Magical Adventures”
- Create a student work bulletin board titled “Wand-erful Work”
- Title a bulletin board “Discover the Magic of Learning”
- Write “This is Where the Magic Begins” on your class door
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Magic Themed Classroom
- Hang black and red curtains over your windows
- Make tassel garland out of tissue paper
- Hang black top hats from the ceiling
- Use popcorn contains to hold things like markers, crayons and colored pencils
- Make garland out of playing cards to hang around the room
Themes to Pair Your Magic Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a magic theme.
Magic Themed Classroom Pictures
The magic classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these magic classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free magic planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers