A mountains classroom theme is perfect for a teacher that loves hiking, natures and the outdoors. This theme gives a rustic feel to your classroom and brings the outdoors in. A favorite thing about this theme is the earthy, natural colors that can be incorporated such as greens, browns and tans. This theme is perfect for any teacher that teaches about the environment, natures, and vegetation. A mountains theme promotes a sense of adventure and exploration within the classroom community. Learn more about a mountain classroom theme below and scoop up this mountain classroom theme packet!
Mountains Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some mountain theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Mountain Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Create the look of mountains in the distance by layering different colored paper with raw edges or a zigzag cut, in greens and greys. Other paper options include rustic books and bulletin board backgrounds. Fabric with trees printed on it or pine needles looks great with this classroom theme.
Mountain Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- cut paper triangles to give the look of mountains
- pine needle garland
- strips of rustic wood paper
- bunches of craft paper
- cotton balls or paper snowflakes
Get these mountain classroom decor printables!
Mountain Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Title a bulletin board with the phrase “This Class Moves Mountains”
- Display student work with the phrase “Work that Rocks”
- Create a back to school bulletin board that says “Taking Learning to New Heights This Year”
- Display the phrase “Just Keep Climbing” to encourage growth mindset
- When creating your own titles use words like adventure, exploring, climbing, and heights
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Mountains Themed Classroom
- Use black electrical tape to create a mountain border along your walls
- Bring in elements of wood such as wooden baskets, bookshelves and log slices
- Display a map and place pins on some of the biggest, most notable mountain ranges
- Add artificial snow to the tops of you mountain decorations in the winter
- Create a display of different pictures of mountains. Have students bring in their own pictures of mountains they or their families visited or hiked
Themes to Pair Your Mountain Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a mountain theme.
In closing, we hope you found these mountains classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free mountain planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers