WHY CHOOSE A MOUNTAINS CLASSROOM THEME
A mountains classroom theme is perfect for a teacher that loves hiking, natures and the outdoors. This theme gives a rustic feel to your classroom and brings the outdoors in. A favorite thing about this theme is the earthy, natural colors that can be incorporated such as greens, browns and tans.
This theme is perfect for any teacher that teaches about the environment, natures, and vegetation.
A mountain theme promotes a sense of adventure and exploration within the classroom community.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Create the look of mountains in the distance by layering different colored paper with raw edges or a zigzag cut, in greens and greys. Other paper options include rustic books and bulletin board backgrounds. Fabric with trees printed on it or pine needles looks great with this classroom theme.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Cut paper triangles to give the look of mountains
- Pine needle garland
- Stirps of rustic wood paper
- Bunches of craft paper
- Cotton balls or paper snowflakes
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Title a bulletin board with the phrase “This Class Moves Mountains”
- Display student work with the phrase “Work that Rocks”
- Create a back to school bulletin board that says “Taking Learning to New Heights This Year”
- Display the phrase “Just Keep Climbing” to encourage growth mindset
- When creating your own titles use words like adventure, exploring, climbing, and heights
OTHER IDEAS FOR A MOUNTAIN CLASSROOM THEME
- Use black electrical tape to create a mountain border along your walls
- Bring in elements of wood such as wooden baskets, bookshelves and log slices
- Display a map and place pins on some of the biggest, most notable mountain ranges
- Add artificial snow to the tops of you mountain decorations in the winter
- Create a display of different pictures of mountains. Have students bring in their own pictures of mountains they or their families visited or hiked