WHY CHOOSE A DOG CLASSROOM THEME
A dog classroom theme features a loveable pet that many students have at home or are asking their parents for constantly – A dog!
Teachers, especially ones who are dog lovers, love this theme because it’s simple, fun, and many students can connect to it. They also love it because there are tons of fun DIY decor ideas that are cheap and easy to incorporate that work for any budget!
This theme is appropriate for both lower and upper elementary students.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
If you prefer solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the neutral colors black, tan, white, or brown. A fun DIY idea is to glue big black spots on a white background to make it look like a dalmatian. The options are endless!
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- dog leashes
- dog treats hot-glued to solid color bulletin board border
- paw prints
- green paper cut like grass
- printed-out different breeds of dogs
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Our Tails Are Wagging Because We’re So Excited About Being (Grade) Graders!”
- “(Your Name)’s Top Dogs”
- “We’ll have a Dog-Gone Good Year”
- “The Dog Days of Summer are Over”
- When creating your own titles, use words like bone, fetch, or treat.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A SCHOOL CLASSROOM THEME
- Take photos of your students holding stuffed animal dogs to display.
- Place your bathroom passes or bathroom logs next to a fire hydrant.
- Name your guided math teams or reading groups using dog breeds.
- Wash out dog food cans to use as pencil holders on tables.
- Use dog food dishes (available at the Dollar Store) to hold manipulatives.
- If you do a student of the week, you could refer to them as “Top Dog.”
- Title your student job board as “Helping Hounds.”
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.