WHY CHOOSE A COOKING CLASSROOM THEME
If you are looking for a non-traditional theme for your elementary classroom, a cooking classroom theme might be exactly what you need!
Teachers love this theme because of how unique it is. Cooking-loving teachers, in particular, enjoy this thematic decor because it gives them the opportunity to share their love of cooking with their students and inspire them to discover their passion for it as well.
This theme works great for both lower and upper elementary classroom decor.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
A fun idea to consider it to use a red and white checkered tablecloth as a bulletin board background. You could also try out parchment paper, aluminum foil or wax paper as backgrounds. If you are interested in using more traditional solid color fabric, consider the colors red, white or black.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- plastic utensils hot glued to simple bulletin board trim
- strips of a red and white checkered tablecloth
- aluminum foil
- recipe cards
- student-drawn cookies
- play food hot glued to simple bulletin board trim
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “We’re Cooking Up a Great Year”
- “Smart Cookies”
- “We’re Cooking Up a Recipe for Success”
- “Top Chefs of (Grade)”
- When creating your own titles, use words like cook, fry, or bake.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A SCHOOL CLASSROOM THEME
- Use aluminum pans, cookie sheets and pizza pans to mount charts and signs on.
- Store pencils and other student supplies in measuring cups.
- Create an oversized recipe card to list your classroom rules and title it “Recipe for Success.”
- Cover tables with red and white checkered tablecloths to add color and create storage underneath.
- Take photos of your students wearing chef hats and aprons for a yearlong display.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
- farmhouse classroom theme decor
- cupcake classroom theme decor
- red, black and white color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.