WHY CHOOSE A BOARD GAME CLASSROOM THEME
If you are a lover of board games like chess, checkers, monopoly and more, consider creating a board game classroom theme. This theme is a fun way to introduce students to all different board games and create a playful feel to the classroom. This is a great choice for teachers that want children to learn through play and hands-on activities.
When designing your board game theme classroom, you can choose neutral or bright colors to decorate your space.
Teachers love this theme because it’s a fun theme that both lower and upper elementary students appreciate.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
When creating a bulletin board for your board game theme classroom, one option is to use fabric or a tablecloth as your background. Using one that has a red and white or black and white checkered pattern looks great with this theme. Another way to bring the board game theme onto your bulletin board is to use the mat from the game of Twister. Finally, adding black felt to the background of your bulletin board is an easy way to decorate your bulletin board.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Covers from board games
- Pieces from board games
- Pretend money from popular games
- Checkerboard trim
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Create a Twister themed bulletin board for back to school titled “Start Off on the Right Foot”
- Label your morning meeting area and schedule as “Our Game Plan”
- Create a display of student work with a Hungry Hippos theme titled “Hungry For Success”
- Display the words “Each Day is a New Game” above your calendar area
- Display classroom rules titled “Game Rules”
OTHER IDEAS FOR A GAME BOARD CLASSROOM THEME
- Turn a Twister mat into curtains
- Frame the covers from board game boxes as decorations
- Have centers with Scrabble and Boggle for students to play with
- Hang cards for different games from the ceiling
- Use game boxes for storage around the classroom