WHY CHOOSE A WESTERN CLASSROOM THEME
A western classroom theme helps create an adventure-packed and highly engaging environment where students are excited to learn. Teachers love this theme because students love it (both lower and upper elementary) and it’s quick and easy to put together on a budget. There are tons of DIY ideas out there for this elementary theme.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
A cow print fabric makes a great bulletin board background for your western themed classroom. You could also look for a fabric that has a print on it that resembles a banana, or create a background out of several actual bandanas. For a more rustic bulletin board look, a rustic wood roll of paper looks great with this theme.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- draw cow print on the back of left over bulletin board trim
- rope or twine
- stars to look like sheriff badges
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “(Grade) is a Boot Scootin Good Time!”
- “We’ve Got Some Rootin’ Tootin’ Terrific (Grade) Students!”
- “(Grade): A Great Place to Hang Your Hat!”
- “Howdy (Grade) Students!”
- When creating your own titles, use words like hat, howdy, or roundup.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A WESTERN CLASSROOM THEME
- Hang a variety of “cowboy” style hats around the classroom.
- Create valance for your classroom windows out of bandanas.
- Use rustic looking storage throughout the classroom such as wooden baskets and metal buckets.
- Call your students cowboys and cowgirls.
- Decorate metal cups and containers by wrapping them with twine.
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
- cactus classroom theme decor
- farmhouse classroom theme decor
- brown, red, black and white color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on it’s own in our teacher store.