WHY CHOOSE A TRAVEL CLASSROOM THEME
A travel classroom theme helps you create an adventure-filled learning environment where your students feel like world travelers whenever they enter!
Teachers love this theme because it helps create a classroom that can be described as calm and neutral. They also love it because they have the flexibility to take the theme where they want it to go. For example, they can create a simple modern space or a cool vintage environment depending on what color elements and DIY decor ideas they pull in.
This theme works well for both lower and upper elementary classroom decor.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Navy blue, brown, or black butcher paper can be used as a bulletin board background. You can use a large map or several smaller maps for a background. If you choose to use fabric as your bulletin board background, simple colors like black, brown, and navy provide a nice backdrop.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- boarding passes
- little plastic compasses
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “(Grade) is Going to Be an Amazing Journey!”
- “Oh the Places You’ll Go”
- “Hard Work Will Take You Around the World”
- “Now Boarding”
- When creating your own titles, use words like passport, journey, adventure, or aboard.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A TRAVEL CLASSROOM THEME
- Use old suitcases or travel trunks as storage in the classroom.
- Collect travel brochures and add them to your classroom library.
- Ask friends and family for globes to use as decor throughout the classroom.
- Hang inflatable globes from the ceiling.
- Incorporate flags from around the world into your theme.
- Dedicate a large space to a map of the world. Title it, “Reading Can Take You Anywhere” and use it to mark locations that are settings in books that you and your students read throughout the year.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
- mountain classroom theme decor
- around the world classroom theme decor
- green, blue and brown color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.