WHY CHOOSE A RACING CLASSROOM THEME
A racing classroom theme helps create an adventure-packed and highly engaging environment where students are excited to learn. Teachers love this theme because students love it (both lower and upper elementary) and it’s simple to put together on a budget. There are tons of DIY ideas out there for this elementary theme.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
A racing theme looks great with lots of black and white checkered accents. Be sure to pick a strong solid color as your main focus. Blues and reds look fantastic and make great bulletin board backgrounds. Solid color fabric or butcher paper work great for bulletin board backgrounds.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- Buy solid black borders to trim your boards and use a white Sharpie to draw lines and turn it into a road or race track.
- Use checkered duct tape throughout the classroom to trim bulletin boards, decorate shelving or wrap around boxes, cans and other upcycled containers to create free classroom storage.
- Place lots of toy race cars around the classroom and even hot glue them to bulletin board trim to make a custom border.
- Dip toy cards in paint and use them to create tire tracks on solid color bulletin board trim.
- Purchase checkered flags.
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Title your classroom jobs board as “The Pit Crew.”
- Title your birthday board as “We Brake for Birthdays!”
- Refer to your whole group lesson / class meeting area as “The Pit.”
- Title the welcome board as ”Start Your Engines for a Great Year”
- When creating your own titles, use words like vroom, speed, or race.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A RACING CLASSROOM THEME
- Take photos of your students holding checkered flags. Use the pictures throughout the year to label cubbies/lockers or as a display.
- The area where you keep your bathroom log sign out sheet or bathroom passes could include a sign reading, “Pit Stop.”
- Post checkered flags around the room to tie in the theme.
- Use tape to make a start line on the floor right at the classroom door.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.