Are you planning a recycling themed classroom or thematic unit? This blog post provides great decoration tips and ideas for the best recycling theme yet! It has photos, ideas, supplies & printable classroom decor to will make set up easy and affordable. You can create a recycling theme on a budget!
Recycling Classroom Theme Ideas & Photos
A Recycling Theme Classroom is a popular choice for educators looking to create a cohesive and creative learning environment. A recycling or “going green” theme can be used throughout the school year to focus on environmental responsibility. It also complements an integrated learning unit on plants or spring in general. ere you will find Recycling classroom theme ideas and pictures to inspire teachers and home school families. You will feel organized and have your learning spaces looking amazing in no time! Best of all it can be done on a budget. Below you will find:
- Recycling theme bulletin boards and phrases
- a compilation of inspiring Recycling classroom theme pictures
- 10 tips for setting up a classroom with a Recycling theme
- quick, easy & editable Recycling theme classroom essentials
- links to related decor items
- free classroom theme printables to help you get organized
10 Tips for Creating a Recycling-Themed Classroom
- Use recycled newspaper as background on your bulletin boards.
- Cut letters from packaging to make titles for your bulletin boards.
- Take pictures of the students holding your recycling bin and use those photos as labels for lockers/cubbies, student work boards, or simply display them in the classroom.
- Use recycled cans to hold pencils and other student supplies. Just be sure there are no sharp edges.
- Trim your bulletin boards with colorful scraps of recycled paper.
- Add lots of plants around the classroom. Let the kids decorate the pots.
- Display a collection of globes around the classroom.
- Store thematic units and grouped items in reusable shopping bags.
- Use lots of green fabrics around the classroom.
- A low-cost way to enhance your Recycling theme is to set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Items to Complement a Recycling Theme Classroom
Clicking on the images below will take you to an affiliate link where you can order any of these items and have them delivered to your door to enhance your Recycling themed classroom. If you are an Amazon Prime member you’ll even get free shipping!
Recycling Themed Books to Read Aloud & Display
Recycling Classroom Theme Pictures
Have you visited the Clutter-Free Classroom Theme and Color Scheme page yet? What are you waiting for? Click here to see photos & get ideas for 40 different classroom themes!