WHY CHOOSE A SPORTS THEME
A sports classroom theme is a popular choice for educators looking to create a cohesive and creative learning environment. A sports themed classroom is very popular with upper elementary and middle school students as it enables a teacher to create a beautiful classroom setting without being too “cutesy.” It promotes teamwork and the sense of collaboration. Here you will find Sports classroom theme ideas and pictures to inspire teachers and homeschool families. You will feel organized and have your learning Sports looking amazing in no time!
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Consider using peel and stick parquet floor tiles to create an amazing looking bulletin board background that resembles a basketball court. Another idea is to use an artificial grass carpet, which looks like athletic fields. If you prefer to keep it simple and use solid color fabric or butcher paper for your bulletin board backgrounds, we recommend going with the colors brown, black, or green.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- green grass
- jersey material
- award ribbons
- different logos of sports teams printed out
- black and white referee stripes
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Add baseball accents to your student job board and title it “Pitch In!”
- Name your guided math teams or reading groups after local sports teams.
- Use the acronym T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More) as a class motto.
- Title your welcome board “Shoot for Success.”
- When creating your own titles, use words like park, slide, or homerun.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A SPORTS CLASSROOM THEME
- Sports are a popular birthday party theme so you may have great success looking at your local party store for decorative accents.
- Take pictures of the students wearing gear from their favorite sports teams and use those photos as labels for lockers/cubbies, student work boards, or simply display them in the classroom.
- Make a display to post your learning goals that includes hockey and soccer.
- Use foam pool noodles to create a football goal post.
- Refer to tables or groups of students as teams.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.