WHY CHOOSE A MONKEY CLASSROOM THEME
Elementary students love a monkey classroom theme because it features an animal known for being very silly in many children’s books. This nature-based theme will transform your classroom into a tropical rainforest that inspires your students and motivates them to come to school each day.
Teachers love this theme because students love it so much and it’s simple to put together. There are tons of DIY ideas out there that relate to this theme.
This theme works for both lower and upper elementary students.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Consider using brown fur for a textured bulletin board background. If you are interested in solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the colors brown, green, or yellow.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- cut-up strips of faux brown fur
- fake vines and greenery
- toy monkeys hot-glued to solid color bulletin board trim
- construction paper bananas
- stuffed animal monkeys with velcro hanging from artificial vines
- tree branches made out of brown butcher paper
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “(Grade) is More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys”
- “Hanging Out in (Grade)”
- “Welcome! Come Hang Out With Us”
- “A Great Bunch of (Grade) Students”
- When creating your own titles, use words like bunch, hang, or swing.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A MONKEY CLASSROOM THEME
- Title your birthday board with “Born to Be Wild!”
- Refer to your Guided Math Teams or Reading Groups as different types of monkeys.
- Place stuffed animals or inflatable monkeys around the classroom as decorations.
- Take photos of your students wearing a tan vest and safari hat. Use the photos as a display or as labels in the classroom.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
- Burlap is inexpensive and looks amazing with a monkey theme.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
- jungle classroom theme decor
- brown, green, and yellow color scheme decor bundles
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.