WHY CHOOSE A DINOSAUR THEMED CLASSROOM
A dinosaur themed classroom helps you create an adventure-filled learning environment! It’s a great way to bring history and nature into your classroom.
When designing your space, think about simple natural elements you can pull in like artificial greenery. There are tons of fun DIY ideas out there!
Teachers love this theme because it’s a fun theme that both lower and upper elementary students really appreciate.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
If you prefer solid color fabric or butcher paper for bulletin board backgrounds, consider using the neutral colors black, brown, green, or navy blue. A fun DIY idea is to hot glue and layer artificial leaves on top of one another to create a textured background for your bulletin board.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- dip plastic dinosaur toys’ feet in paint and use it to make footprint stamps
- take toy dinosaurs and hot glue onto solid color bulletin board trim
- hot glue sand and little bones onto solid color bulletin board trim
- use plastic eggs and glue onto solid color bulletin board trim
- strips of brown felt
- artificial leaves
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Our Class is Dino-Mite”
- “Stomp, Chomp, Big Roars! Here Come the Dinosaurs!”
- “Dig Up a Good Book”
- “Dinosaurs Didn’t Read and Now They’re Extinct”
- When creating your own titles, use words like dig, roar, or extinct.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A DINOSAUR CLASSROOM THEME
- Display student work with the title, “We Really Dig Learning About…”
- Place toy dinosaur models around the room as accents.
- Hang an inflatable Pterodactyl from the ceiling.
- Use craft paper to create a volcano in the corner of the classroom.
- Egg shapes can be used to back bulletin board letters.
- Take photos of your students with a tan shirt and safari-style hat holding a shovel to use as labels for cubbies/lockers or to decorate the classroom.
- Name your guided math or reading groups using names of dinosaurs.
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.
Dinosaur Classroom Theme Pictures
Items to Complement a Dinosaur Theme Classroom