WHY CHOOSE A TECHNOLOGY THEME
A technology classroom theme is a popular choice for educators looking to create a modern learning environment for their students. It is most popular amongst elementary technology teachers who are looking to create a cohesive space in their classroom. Teachers love this theme because students love technology and this theme helps students stay engaged and be excited to come to school each day. This theme is appropriate for both lower and upper elementary students.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
If you prefer to keep it simple and use solid color fabric or butcher paper for your bulletin board backgrounds, we recommend going with the colors gray and black. If you are eager to take your bulletin boards to the next level, you can mount old CDs on a plain background to create a textured look.
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- use old cds as trim around a bulletin board.
- old floppy disks
- computer codes on strips
- pictures of keyboard keys
- cords or wires donated from students’ families
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Mount white letters onto black squares when making bulletin board titles that represent the letters on a keyboard.
- Make a board titled, “Tuned into Learning” to showcase student projects.
- Label your daily schedule as “Status Updates.”
- Title your classroom jobs board as “iHelp!”
- When creating your own titles, use words like power, type, and connect.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A TECHNOLOGY CLASSROOM THEME
- Create an Instagram-themed board to display classroom photos.
- Have the students make posters that focus on digital responsibility.
- Use the thumbs up symbol associated with Facebook as part of a display for student work.
- Post internet safety tips in your classroom.
- Hang students’ headphones on an accessible place on a classroom wall so they can also serve as decor.
- Name your guided math teams or reading groups after devices such as “tablets, desktops, laptops.”
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.