A technology classroom theme is a popular choice for educators looking to create a modern learning environment for their students. It is most popular amongst elementary technology teachers who are looking to create a cohesive space in their classroom. Teachers love this theme because students love technology and this theme helps students stay engaged and be excited to come to school each day. This theme is appropriate for both lower and upper elementary students. Learn more about a technology classroom theme below and scoop up this technology classroom theme packet!
Technology Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some technology theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Technology Bulletin Board Backgrounds
If you prefer to keep it simple and use solid color fabric or butcher paper for your bulletin board backgrounds, we recommend going with the colors gray and black. If you are eager to take your bulletin boards to the next level, you can mount old CDs on a plain background to create a textured look.
Technology Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- use old cds as trim around a bulletin board.
- old floppy disks
- computer codes on strips
- pictures of keyboard keys
- cords or wires donated from students’ families
Get these technology classroom decor printables!
Technology Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Mount white letters onto black squares when making bulletin board titles that represent the letters on a keyboard.
- Make a board titled, “Tuned into Learning” to showcase student projects.
- Label your daily schedule as “Status Updates.”
- Title your classroom jobs board as “iHelp!”
- When creating your own titles, use words like power, type, and connect.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
6 Ideas for a Technology Themed Classroom
- Create an Instagram-themed board to display classroom photos.
- Have the students make posters that focus on digital responsibility.
- Use the thumbs up symbol associated with Facebook as part of a display for student work.
- Post internet safety tips in your classroom.
- Hang students’ headphones on an accessible place on a classroom wall so they can also serve as decor.
- Name your guided math teams or reading groups after devices such as “tablets, desktops, laptops.”
Themes to Pair Your Technology Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a technology theme.
Technology Classroom Theme Pictures
The technology classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these technology classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free technology planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers