WHY CHOOSE A ROCK AND ROLL CLASSROOM THEME
A rock and roll classroom theme helps create a fun and exciting environment where students are engaged and motivated to learn. Teachers love this theme because students love it (both lower and upper elementary) and it’s simple to put together on a budget. There are tons of DIY ideas out there for this elementary theme.
BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS
BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS
Rock and Roll themed classrooms look great with black fabric or butcher paper used as bulletin board backgrounds. Black backgrounds are perfect for adding bold colors and glittery accents!
BULLETIN BOARD TRIM
- CDs cut in half
- covers from well-known CDs
- musical notes on the back of old bulletin board trim
- sheet music cut up
BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- Create a student work display board titled, “Our Greatest Hits.”
- Design a welcome board titled, “Rocking in __ Grade.”
- Title your birthday board as “A Star is Born!”
- Make a sign for your daily schedule that reads “Our Playlist.”
- When creating your own titles, use words like rock, jam, or star.
OTHER IDEAS FOR A ROCK AND ROLL CLASSROOM THEME
- Hang CDs with fishing line from the ceiling or hot glue them to bulletin board boards.
- Collect old records (or create them with cardstock) to use as decorative accents.
- Don’t be shy with the glitter… make the room sparkle!
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
- If you have a guitar at home, bring it into school and keep it in your classroom.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
WE SUGGEST YOU PAIR THIS THEME WITH OUR…
CHECK OUT THESE UPDATES:
- We used all new clipart (including much more diverse characters).
- We made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms.
- We added resources for online teaching and distance learning so you can create a classroom community feel even when teaching remotely.
- We created online teaching backdrops and items to create your own background if teaching at home.
BEST OF ALL…the original version AND the newly updated version are included in both the Elementary Classroom Decor All Access Collection and if you purchase this theme on its own in our teacher store.