A rock and roll classroom theme helps create a fun and exciting environment where students are engaged and motivated to learn. Teachers love this theme because students love it (both lower and upper elementary) and it’s simple to put together on a budget. There are tons of DIY ideas out there for this elementary theme. Learn more about a rock and roll theme below and scoop up this rock and roll classroom theme packet!
Rock and Roll Theme Bulletin Board Ideas
Below are some rock and roll theme bulletin board ideas for elementary teachers.
Rock Music Bulletin Board Backgrounds
Rock and Roll themed classrooms look great with black fabric or butcher paper used as bulletin board backgrounds. Black backgrounds are perfect for adding bold colors and glittery accents!
Rock Music Bulletin Board Trim
In addition to traditional border, put these items around the perimeter of your board.
- CDs cut in half
- covers from well-known CDs
- musical notes on the back of old bulletin board trim
- sheet music cut up
Get these rock and roll classroom decor printables!
Rock Music Bulletin Board Title Ideas
- Create a student work display board titled, “Our Greatest Hits.”
- Design a welcome board titled, “Rocking in __ Grade.”
- Title your birthday board as “A Star is Born!”
- Make a sign for your daily schedule that reads “Our Playlist.”
- When creating your own titles, use words like rock, jam, or star.
Did you know you can get unlimited access to ALL our decor bundles?
5 Ideas for a Rock Themed Classroom
- Hang CDs with fishing line from the ceiling or hot glue them to bulletin board boards.
- Collect old records (or create them with card stock) to use as decorative accents.
- Don’t be shy with the glitter… make the room sparkle!
- Set up a display of books that relate to the theme by standing them on a counter or shelf.
- If you have a guitar at home, bring it into school and keep it in your classroom.
Themes to Pair Your Rock and Roll Theme With
Get access to all of the Clutter-Free Classroom decor themes and color schemes in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection, including the ones listed below that pair really nicely with a rock and roll theme.
Rock and Roll Themed Classroom Pictures
The rock and roll classroom theme bundle includes BOTH the original version (shown below) and the newly updated version (shown above). In the newer version, we used all new clipart which includes much more diverse characters. Also, we made the entire bundle 100% editable so not only can you customize it with your students’ names and details specific to your classroom, you can now translate EVERYTHING into other languages too. This has long been a request from teachers of ELLs and immersion classrooms. Both versions are available in the Elementary Classroom Decor Collection.
In closing, we hope you found these rock and roll classroom theme ideas helpful! If you did, then you may also be interested in the free rock and roll planning organizer below as well as these classroom decorating posts:
- How to Decorate the Classroom of Your Dreams
- 60+ Themes for Classrooms at the Elementary Level
- Colorful Classroom Decor Ideas for Elementary Teachers