This resource includes reindeer research projects, posters, guided report writing, graphic organizers, no prep printables, enrichment, informational writing and more! Engage your learners in this motivating learning experience that will keep them focused and learning through the month of December.
Are your kids in “The Christmas Spirit,” but perhaps you aren’t able to do actual Christmas activities? Are you looking for a comprehensive packet of materials to use when having your students conduct reindeer research? Do you want to offer your early finishers purposeful activities they can do independently that will make effective use of their time and not simply be “busy work?” Would you like to have your students complete a research project outside of the classroom as a home extension? This product meets all of those needs.
- This resource guides students through the research process and makes it very accessible to them.
- It facilities a fun learning experience for students in the month of December.
- It gives students the opportunity to write about a topic they are interested in.
- It is differentiated so all of your students will feel successful.
- It offers students time to practice their writing and research skills in a fun way.
- These activities will teach elementary-age students how to research an animal, practice note-taking skills, activate schema, draft a report, work through the editing process and publish a report.
- It includes a scoring rubric that makes the expectations clear to your learners and makes your job of assessing their progress so simple.
- In addition to a comprehensive report-writing packet, there are THIRTEEN additional activities that can be completed along with the report or used completely on their own without having the students write a report.
- This resource provides you with a no prep collection of engaging activities, resources, and printables.
- It is not holiday specific. All students can connect and enjoy this activity.
- Your students will be excited about learning during that time of year where it can be hard to engage them in their learning.
This product is packed with activities that guide students through the research process. It offers so many resources, which empowers you as the teacher to choose whether you want to use all of them as a comprehensive unit or pick and choose which ones align with your goals for your students.
Check out these testimonials from teachers who’ve used it in their classrooms…
The BEST resource I’ve come by to help my kiddies with their writing. Such a nice format, easy to use and follow…I couldn’t be happier! Thank you!!
This was probably one of the best purchases I made on TPT. The questions on the task cards really guided my students in their research.
What a perfect plan for a research project! And on animals no less! My students will love this project that incorporates, reading, science, and writing altogether! Perfect for the CCSS, thanks again!
This has been an amazing resource for completing an extensive reindeer research project in my 2nd grade classroom! It is also very easy to differentiate for the wide variety of learners within my class!
– Kelsey B.
This is my second writing unit from you and I love how you break the research and writing components into chunks that make writing easier for students to work with!
– Seeds of Knowledge
You can read more great feedback from teachers just like you here!
- Brainstorming Graphic Organizers
- Schema Activators
- Research-Based Note Taking Templates
- Guided Draft Pages to Prompt Students
- Parent Communication Letter for Family Involvement
- Research Report Publishing Printables
- Scoring Rubric / Grading Rubric
- KWL Chart
- Can/Have/Are Chart
- Venn Diagrams for Comparing and Contrasting Different Animals
- Habitat Map
- Vocabulary Activities
- Animal Habitat Illustrations (great for completing an animal diagram as well)
- Life Cycle Charts
- Flip Books
- Flap Books
- Animal Research Poster
- Poetry Activities