Tick Tock. Tick Tock. Not only do students need strong time management skills because statewide standardized assessments permit a set length of time to complete them, but also because it a) holds students accountable and b) is a good life skill. Read below to grab 2 helpful tools you can use to help your students manage their time.
This blog post will…
- share 2 helpful tools for helping students stay on task and on schedule
- help you assist your students with learning how to improve their own time management skills
- enable you to get more done during the school day by sticking to a schedule
Before We Begin…
I assume you are reading this because you are interested in improving your overall classroom management. I encourage you to grab this free resource:
Online Visual Timer
- Check out this Online Egg Timer.
- These days I use an online timer and really feel it helps my friends better manage their time.
- The counting down clock is a great tool for keeping them on task.
- I feared the visual would be distracting, but it hasn’t been a problem.
- We use it for everything from snackto guided reading. I keep it running on my desktop computer since I’m never at the desk.
- Setting the clock at the start of a lesson is one of the jobs I assign to a student.
- I like it in the full screenmode.
- Check out this visual timer from Lakeshore.
- This timer provides a great visual for even the youngest learners.
- It is especially helpful for the students who sometimes need some assistance staying focused to complete a task. It really helps teach them how to manage their time.
- I didn’t initially purchase it for the classroom. I bought it for my son during the summer that he boycotted naps, yet I needed my sanity. We implemented a 30 minute “quiet rest time” and I bought this to help put an end to the constant questioning of, “Is it time to get up yet?”
- I don’t use timers during parent/teacher conferences, but I know a lot of teachers do. I think this would be a great tool for that purpose. It won’t make a rude buzzing or beeping sound to signal time is up, but it will be obvious.
IMPROVE YOUR CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT:
Pick and click any or all of the options below.