Are you looking for a word study center that is highly engaging, reusable, easily prepped, student-driven, and open-ended for differentiation purposes? This classroom BOGGLE center is exactly what you need! It’s an interactive word study display called BOGGLE that is very popular among elementary teachers. Learn more about it and how to implement it in your classroom below!
What is Classroom BOGGLE?
Classroom BOGGLE is a word study activity that invites students to explore letters to create words. It is based on the game BOGGLE, which you may have played when you were younger. It serves as a great whole group game, small group activity, and reusable center.
My BOGGLE packet includes the following resources:
- background frames (wavy and rounded square versions)
- coordinated letter cards (two versions)
- playing/recording sheets (two versions)
- photo tutorial of how I created my board in my classroom
Why Teachers Love BOGGLE
Some of the reasons elementary teachers love the game BOGGLE are listed below!
- All students are able to find words at their level, so they will feel successful and build confidence.
- Students practice important literacy skills like letter sounds, spelling, and vocabulary without even realizing it.
- It deepens student understanding that letters make words and all words need a vowel.
- Students learn from each other.
- Students become more independent learners.
- You can easily differentiate this product by opting to make a 3×3, 4×4 or 5×5 array.
- Students are highly engaged in this word study activity.
- It is easy to switch out letters, so you can use it over and over again and build a strong classroom routine.
- Students can work on it independently without teacher assistance.
- This word study activity can be used in grades 1-5, so you are covered if you switch grades.
- It is very easy to make at the beginning of the year.
How to Play Classroom BOGGLE
Learn how to play classroom BOGGLE by watching the video below!
How to Create a Classroom BOGGLE Display
Below are simple directions for how to create a BOGGLE display for your classroom.
1. Download the Printable BOGGLE Packet
I’ve created a printable BOGGLE packet that includes all of the necessary printables to create and use this in your own classroom. Download it from my Clutter-Free Classroom Teachers Pay Teachers store!
2. Select a Spot in Your Classroom for the Display
You may opt to dedicate a wall in your classroom for this display. Other options are an anchor chart or stand-up presentation board.
3. Print the Classroom BOGGLE Packet and Customize It
Print this resource. Layer it on colored card stock or scrapbook paper to add your own personality to it. It looks AMAZING against brightly colored backgrounds!
4. Glue the Pieces Together
Adhere the different pieces of the board together to create a classroom display that will be used throughout the school year.
5. Post it for Student Use
As part of the second step, you chose which wall in your classroom you wanted to dedicate to this word study center display. You are going to stick it on that designated spot as part of this step. Post the BOGGLE board on a wall, anchor chart, or stand-up presentation board in your classroom so students can access it with ease.
In closing, we hope you found this classroom BOGGLE display and center interesting! If you did, then you may also be interested in these posts: