Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for You’re Finally Here will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of manners and patience, this You’re Finally Here picture book by Mélanie Watt is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with You’re Finally Here Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of You’re Finally Here. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with You’re Finally Here reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
YOU'RE FINALLY HERE SUMMARY
The narrator and main character of this book is an energetic rabbit. As soon as the book starts, readers learn he is excited they have finally arrived. The rabbit explains he has been waiting a long time for the reader and asks where they have been. Throughout the book the rabbit explains how rude and annoying it was that he had to wait so long, but is sure to show readers just how happy he is to have them in the book. The rabbit even asks the reader to sign a contract saying they will stay and give him their undivided attention.
Soon after, the rabbit starts receiving phone calls from family and friends. Even though he is in the middle of a conversation with the reader, he takes the calls anyway. When he starts to ignore the reader, the rabbit shows he is surprised that they are leaving!
YOU’RE FINALLY HERE LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for You’re Finally Here, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based You’re Finally Here reading comprehension questions focus on:
- summarizing and retelling
- analyzing character
- point of view
- making connections
- author’s purpose
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- types of sentences
YOU’RE FINALLY HERE ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for You’re Finally Here?
- Lexile® Measure: AD500L
- Guided Reading Level: N
- DRA Level: 24
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 2.7
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written and illustrated by Mélanie Watt.
What genre is You’re Finally Here?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 40 pages long.