Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Bonaparte Falls Apart will love this post. It includes resource recommendations, teaching ideas, and information about the book. All of this will help you plan your next interactive read aloud lesson.
This is one of the many great Halloween books for kids. With themes of problem solving and self esteem, this Bonaparte Falls Apart picture book by Margery Cuyler is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. You and your students will love it too. It’s sure to be a big hit!
Engage Your Students with Bonaparte Falls Apart Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Bonaparte Falls Apart. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Bonaparte Falls Apart reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
BONAPARTE FALLS APART SUMMARY
Bonaparte is having a tough time. This skeleton cannot play any games without losing a limb! His friends try to help him, but all their ideas don’t work. Bonaparte begins to feel nervous for the first day of school. What if people make fun of him?
That is, until a dog is seen running by. Bonaparte trains the dog to fetch his bones as they fall off. The dog quickly becomes a sensation, and the duo flourish in school!
BONAPARTE FALLS APART LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide. These make lesson planning quick and easy! They also include printable worksheets and digital resources. They cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills. You’ll be covered!
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Bonaparte Falls Apart, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you. We make it easy!
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Bonaparte Falls Apart reading comprehension questions focus on:
- analyzing character
- author’s purpose
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
- self esteem
- problem solving
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
BONAPARTE FALLS APART ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Bonaparte Falls Apart?
- Lexile® Measure: AD550L
- Guided Reading Level: N
- DRA Level: 28
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 3
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Margery Cuyler. It was illustrated by Will Terry.
What genre is Bonaparte Falls Apart?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 40 pages long.