Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of feelings and responsibility, this We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish picture book by Ryan T. Higgins is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
WE DON'T LOSE OUR CLASS GOLDFISH SUMMARY
Penelope is afraid of her class pet Walter. When her teacher announces that everyone will get a turn taking Walter home for the weekend, Penelope gets very nervous. When it is finally time to take Walter home, Penelope is very nervous. He scares her when she tries to go to sleep so she decides to put him in a box in the kitchen.
Penelope is shocked to wake up the next morning and find that Walter is missing. She looks all over the place trying to find him until she eventually finds him with her dad. He was about to take Walter to the donation center because he thought he was a lamp.
When Walter was missing, Penelope realized that he wasn’t that scary after all and she actually missed him. She learned an important lesson about responsibility.
WE DON’T LOSE OUR CLASS GOLDFISH LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish reading comprehension questions focus on:
- analyzing character
- making connections
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- proper nouns
- possessive nouns
WE DON’T LOSE OUR CLASS GOLDFISH ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish?
- Lexile® Measure: N/A
- Guided Reading Level: N/A
- DRA Level: N/A
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): N/A
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Ryan T. Higgins. It was illustrated by Ryan T. Higgins.
What genre is We Don’t Lose Our Class Goldfish?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 48 pages long.