Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for The Magical Yet will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With a theme of growth mindset, this The Magical Yet picture book by Angela DiTerlizzi is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with The Magical Yet Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of The Magical Yet. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with The Magical Yet reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
THE MAGICAL YET SUMMARY
This story teaches us that since the day we begin, we are all born with a Yet. These Yets are magical, and they help us to grow in all sorts of ways.
Following a young child who is learning to ride her bike, the Magical Yet reminds her that she learned to babble, to crawl, and even to walk. Adding Yet to each problem changes her mindset and helps her to ride that bike.
This beautiful story is great for any age, any problem, and a helpful reminder that we can achieve any goal with the power of the Magical Yet!
THE MAGICAL YET LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for The Magical Yet, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based The Magical Yet reading comprehension questions focus on:
- analyzing character
- author’s purpose
- ask and answer questions
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
- growth mindset
- strengths and challenges
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
THE MAGICAL YET ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for The Magical Yet?
- Lexile® Measure: N/A
- Guided Reading Level: N/A
- DRA Level: N/A
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): N/A
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written and illustrated by Angela DiTerlizzi.
What genre is The Magical Yet?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 40 pages long.