Teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for The Girl with Big, Big Questions will love this post. It includes tons of information about the book like it’s summary, reading levels, genre, and more. It also recommends resources to use with this read aloud.
With themes of problem solving, teamwork, and feelings, this The Girl with Big, Big Questions picture book by Britney Winn Lee is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will quickly become a favorite in your classroom too!
Engage Your Students with The Girl with Big, Big Questions Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of The Girl with Big, Big Questions.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with The Girl with Big, Big Questions reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
THE GIRL WITH BIG, BIG QUESTIONS SUMMARY
The spirit of curiosity and quest for knowledge feed the mind of the little girl in the story. She continuously asks questions, which originally seemed sweet to her friends and teachers. Eventually, the people around her get frustrated with her consistent questions.
The little girl learns to balance her questions to others with other resources, and finds that these questions can help to solve problems.
THE GIRL WITH BIG, BIG QUESTIONS LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for The Girl with Big, Big Questions, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based The Girl with Big, Big Questions reading comprehension questions focus on:
- analyzing character
- making connections
- author’s purpose
- ask and answer questions
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
- problem solving
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- question mark
THE GIRL WITH BIG, BIG QUESTIONS ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for The Girl with Big, Big Questions?
- Lexile® Measure: N/A
- Guided Reading Level: N/A
- DRA Level: N/A
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): N/A
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Britney Winn Lee. It was illustrated by Jacob Souva.
What genre is The Girl with Big, Big Questions?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 32 pages long.