Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of self-esteem, managing stress and anxiety, growth mindset and positive self-talk, this The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes picture book by Mark Pett is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
THE GIRL WHO NEVER MADE MISTAKES SUMMARY
In this engaging story, you’ll meet the character, Beatrice Bottomwell, who has never made a mistake! She does everything carefully and perfectly, especially each year at the talent show. However this year, as Beatrice performs her act with her hamster, Humbert, she makes her first mistake. She threw her salt shaker in the air only to realize it had pepper inside! The pepper made Humbert sneeze which caused a big mess of Beatrice’s act. Everyone was shocked but Beatrice could not stop laughing! As a result the audience did too.
Beatrice learns that it is okay to make mistakes and in fact, making mistakes can be fun! This is a great story of growth mindset that is sure to engage young readers.
THE GIRL WHO NEVER MADE MISTAKES LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes reading comprehension questions focus on:
- making predictions
- comparing and contrasting
- analyzing character
- cause and effect
- identifying theme, message and moral
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
- managing stress and anxiety
- growth mindset
- positive self-talk
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- compound words
- time order words
THE GIRL WHO NEVER MADE MISTAKES ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes?
- Lexile® Measure: AD520L
- Guided Reading Level: N
- DRA Level: 24-28
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 2.7-2.9
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Mark Pett. It was illustrated by Gary Rubenstein.
What genre is The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes ?
It is a fiction book. You may want to check out our genre activities or read our blog post, How to Teach Genre to Elementary Students.
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 32 pages long.