Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Santa’s Stuck will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of teamwork and self-regulation, this Santa’s Stuck picture book by Rhonda Gowler Greene is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with Santa’s Stuck Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Santa’s Stuck. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Santa’s Stuck reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
SANTA'S STUCK SUMMARY
The story Santa’s Stuck is about Santa delivering presents on Christmas Eve. Santa delivers the presents at one house and is thrilled to see how many sweets and desserts the children left out for him. He eats as many sweets as he can even though his suit is already a little too tight. When he is done eating, a button pops off his suit! Santa goes to make his way back up the chimney but gets stuck!
The dogs, cats and mouse of the house try to push Santa up the chimney while the reindeer reach down the chimney and try to pull him up. Eventually, Santa comes free of the chimney and flies off to deliver presents to other boys and girls.
SANTA’S STUCK LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Santa’s Stuck, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Santa’s Stuck reading comprehension questions focus on:
- cause and effect
- rhyme | rhythm| repetition
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- action verbs
- common and proper nouns
SANTA’S STUCK ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Santa’s Stuck?
- Lexile® Measure: N/A
- Guided Reading Level: N/A
- DRA Level: N/A
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): N/A
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Rhonda Gowler Greene. It was illustrated by Henry Cole.
What genre is Santa’s Stuck?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 32 pages long.