Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Rosie Revere, Engineer will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of patience and self-esteem, this Rosie Revere, Engineer picture book by Andrea Beaty is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with Rosie Revere, Engineer Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Rosie Revere, Engineer. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Rosie Revere, Engineer reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
ROSIE REVERE, ENGINEER SUMMARY
The book Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty is the story of a young girl named Rosie that dreams of becoming an engineer when she grows up. She spends her time creating all kinds of inventions, but eventually hides them from her family and friends because she is embarrassed that they will be failures. One day, her Aunt Rose comes to visit and teaches Rosie that failure is part of success. She inspires Rosie to keep working on her inventions and not to give up when they are not successful at first. This is an inspiring story for students about growth mindset and perseverance. Students will enjoy hearing about Rosie’s inventions and listening to the upbeat rhyme in this book.
ROSIE REVERE, ENGINEER LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Rosie Revere, Engineer, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Rosie Revere, Engineer reading comprehension questions focus on:
- making predictions
- summarizing | retelling
- comparing and contrasting
- analyzing character
- analyzing illustrations
- making connections
- plot | problem – solution
- author’s purpose
- rhyme | rhythm | repetition
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
- self esteem
- best effort
- growth mindset
- positive self-talk
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- verb tense
- compound words
ROSIE REVERE, ENGINEER ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Rosie Revere, Engineer?
- Lexile® Measure: AD780L
- Guided Reading Level: S
- DRA Level: 42 – 44
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 4.7 – 5
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Andrea Beaty. It was illustrated by David Roberts.
What genre is Rosie Revere, Engineer?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 32 pages long.