Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Meesha Makes Friends will love this post. It includes lots of helpful information and resource recommendations for elementary teachers.
With themes of friendship, this Meesha Makes Friends picture book by Tom Percival is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will become one of your favorites too!
Engage Your Students with Meesha Makes Friends Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Meesha Makes Friends.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Meesha Makes Friends reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
MEESHA MAKES FRIENDS SUMMARY
Meesha loves to make things. She can make pictures out of sounds and numbers. But there is one thing that Meesha cannot make- friends. She does not know what to do or to say with other children. Sometimes, she does the wrong thing in thinking that it is the correct way to play.
Eventually, she problem solves by making her own friends out of materials and fabric. One day, a little boy sees her making these dolls. He wants to make his friends, too! When they create a town together, he encourages Meesha to show it to another group of children. Join Meesha on her journey of friendship, problem solving, and navigating social skills!
MEESHA MAKES FRIENDS LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Meesha Makes Friends, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Meesha Makes Friends reading comprehension questions focus on:
- analyzing character
- author’s message
- analyzing illustrations
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
- strategies for regulation
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
MEESHA MAKES FRIENDS ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Meesha Makes Friends?
- Lexile® Measure: 475
- Guided Reading Level: K
- DRA Level: 20
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 2.6
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written and illustrated by Tom Percival.
What genre is Meesha Makes Friends?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 32 pages long.