Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for It Fell From the Sky will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of friendship and apologizing, this It Fell From the Sky picture book by Terry Fan is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with It Fell From the Sky Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of It Fell From the Sky. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with It Fell From the Sky reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
IT FELL FROM THE SKY SUMMARY
It was a Thursday when something magical fell from the sky and landed in the garden. Critters from all over came to view as they have never seen such a thing! Was it a planet? A chrysalis? Oddly enough, spider happened to make a web right where it fell. He claimed it as his own and began a Grand Exhibit, a scheme to get wealthy, where critters could come and view the spectacular thing.
But once everyone visited, they left. No one stuck around to keep Spider company. He realized that he was being selfish, so he quickly built a web that crawled up the flowers to attract other random objects. He shared them with the garden-folk, and they all lived happily together in the garden once more.
IT FELL FROM THE SKY LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for It Fell From the Sky, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based It Fell From the Sky reading comprehension questions focus on:
- analyzing character
- cause and effect
- summarize / retell
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- proper nouns
- quotation marks
IT FELL FROM THE SKY ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for It Fell From the Sky?
- Lexile® Measure: AD670L
- Guided Reading Level: P
- DRA Level: 36 – 38
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 3.7 – 3.9
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Terry Fan. It was illustrated by Eric Fan.
What genre is It Fell From the Sky?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 56 pages long.